Wednesday 1 April 2009

Tuesday finds



Yesterday was a beautiful day in Dublin... sunny, 16 degrees...
it doesn't happen that often so I had to make the most of my day!

It cheered me up so much it actually gave me the energy to clean up the mess in our place as it looked a bit like Hiroshima...
After that I got ready and went into town in search of great bargains in my favorite charity shops and my own paradise on earth.... Penneys...

It was the first time in ages I didn't have to wear my woolly scarf and my big coat. It felt so good!




In the 1st charity shop I went into, there wasn't much, except for a belt, which I got for 2 euros. It will look great on one of my long cardigans!

The two pairs of glasses come from Penneys, 1.50 euros each...
The brown ones look like "wayfarers" and the heart-shaped ones well.... there were so cute! I just couldn't let them in the shop....






I found this Baby doll dress in another charity shop, for 5 euros.... mint condition, perfect size, perfect blue, perfect price! It originally comes from Topshop, and knowing their prices... it's a real bargain.... I like the two layers of material that gives a puffy shape down the breast... great for a sunny day like yesterday!!




In Penneys again : there was a sale on tights and socks. The opaque tights were 1 euro the pair, and the socks, 2 pairs for 0.50 euros.... I got 5 pairs of tights and 6 pairs of socks for... 6.50 euros! Not even the price for a single pair of tights in some shops...

And last... but certainly not least... my greatest find so far! The faux fur coat hidden in the back of the charity shop in which I work...



It was originally 15 euros.... but the manager told me 10 was ok as I'm working there... I couldn't believe it!



It's in mint condition and the shape in again, perfect!! quite loose, just the way it should be worn and it stops below the bum.

I looooove it!

Today, I'm off work too... so I'll go hunting again.... :-)

2 comments:

  1. Great finds! I love the faux-fur coat. Your flower photo at the top is just peachy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! :-) I'm sometimes afraid I might look too "bourgeoise" or worse, look like a big polar bear but.... why shouldn't it work on me as well?! I found inspiration from it on the Londonstyle blog.... meany English chicks in trendy fur coats!

    ReplyDelete